Monday 11 March 2013

My miserable week

I’ve had a bit of a personal problem, which led to excessive licking. Actually, there was something irritating that I was trying to wash off, so I had a pretty good excuse. I had to wear this hideous thing day and night.



It was uncomfortable for sleeping but mostly I just felt sorry for myself. Looking forlorn worked well as I got twice as many treats as usual (so did Charlie, I might add, for doing nothing). I was even allowed to sit on the table and have dinner in bed.




I had Mummy wrapped around my little toe as she knew I couldn’t scratch my own ears J
The first day was interesting while I was getting used to being a “wide-load” and kept bumping into things. Charlie got shoved out of the way a few times – haha! I learned fast and the only thing I couldn’t manage was the dog-flap as it’s exactly the same width as the cone - lucky we have staff to open the doors.
The vet prescribed anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory medicine to make things better. I’m pretty smart when it comes to detecting new substances that have been added to food and treats, even crushed up. I can separate the tasty treat from the rest, eat what I want and then spit out the bits of tablet. Mummy got fed up with this and decided to use a hard-line approach of pushing the tablet to the back of my throat where I had to swallow it. Who knew she could be so brutal? Yuk!
The good news is I’m better and I don’t have to wear an Elizabethan collar anymore. I suppose I looked quite elegant and it was guaranteed to get lots of attention from humans, but I’m glad to be rid of it.




Cone-free Zone


Back soon
Taco

PS Charlie has been itching too. We think it’s caused by a plant called Tradescantia, so Mummy is trying to remove it all from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment